Hearing Aids for Children
Ormson Hearing Healthcare offers pediatric- friendly products and programs designed to help you tackle your child's hearing loss head-on. We offer a variety of colorful hearing aids and kid-friendly features. Our staff is highly trained to take care of the unique hearing needs of children. Every kids should be a kid, and we want to make this process as simple as possible in order to let your child discover this world of wonder.
Kids and Hearing Loss
If your child has been diagnosed with hearing loss, or maybe you have noticed a potential problem, it's important to begin intervention as quickly as possible. Even a few months can be a major delay when it comes to the rapidly changing brain of a child. Studies show that early intervention can help improve language development, increase academic success and enhance lifetime opportunities.
- Speech development- Children need to hear sounds as clearly as possible when developing their speech. When children can experience a full range of sounds, they have a better understanding of both complex language and their environment.
- Social development- When a child can hear well they are more confident and will participate in more activities. It is easier to make friends and be involved when you can hear the other kids around you.
- Different ages have different needs-The primary goal for babies and toddlers is for them to hear and process the widest possible range of sounds. But when a child starts school, noise management and directional processing becomes much more important. You will work with your hearing professional to find the features that will work best with your child.
- Hearing loss and school- Your child needs to be able to hear the teacher in order for them to learn to the best of their ability. Talk to your school district about providing an FM system for children with hearing loss.
- Working with your professional- Your hearing professional is your partner and your resource to your child's journey to better hearing. They will be able to make recommendations based on your child's specific needs as well as provide you general information and answer any question you may have.
Hearing Aid Options
For most children, especially young ones, behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids are the most appropriate option for their hearing loss. To keep up with kids' rapid growth, they get new earmolds once or twice a year but will keep the same BTE for several years.
We offer a variety of colors for your child's hearing aid and earmolds. We provide a variety of hearing aids from Starkey, NuEar, Oticon, Phonak, Resounds, and Siemens.
Call us today to find out more about our pediatric hearing aids and how we can help your kid just be a kid!